Action of Warsaw
SUPPORT FOR FOREIGNERS IN WARSAW
All the following services are provided free of charge.
The Warsaw Multicultural Centre:
- COVID-19 hotline for migrants (Mon-Fri):
- from 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. (+48 515 566 226) – for speakers of Polish, Russian, English and Georgian
- from 1.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. (+ 48 666 533 522) – for speakers of Polish and English
- Advisory services and counselling available remotely:
- legal assistance (PL, EN)
- integration assistance and vocational counselling (PL, EN, RU, UA)
- psychological consultations (PL, EN, RU, UA)
- assistance with legalization of stay (PL, RU, UA)
- assistance with official matters (filling out applications, claim forms, translations etc.)
Registration for all types of consultations available via email@example.com or by phone (hotline numbers mentioned above).
Support provided by NGOs and grassroot initiatives:
- Fundacja Ocalenie, https://ocalenie.org.pl/, firstname.lastname@example.org
- specialist help and integration assistance for refugees, migrants and repatriants in various languages (PL, EN, RU, UA, FR, GEO, TJ, AR, VIE): legal assistance, psychological counselling (including therapy for trauma survivors and PTSD sufferers), integration assistance, vocational counselling
- assistance with official matters (filling out applications, claim forms etc.)
- crisis support (housing, food, clothing, medicine)
- material help (distribution of essential items)
- regularly updated legal information for foreigners regarding the epidemic situation in various languages (PL, EN, RU, UA, FR, GEO, TJ, AR, VIE):
- Our Choice Foundation//Ukrainian House (Fundacja Nasz Wybór//Ukraiński Dom), https://ukrainskidom.pl,
- nationwide hotline (Mon-Fri) from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., +48 727 805 764, email@example.com (PL, UA, RU, EN)
- assitance of intercultural mentors, including counselling on legalization of stay and work in Poland
- Polish Migration Forum (Fundacja Polskie Forum Migracyjne),
- advisory services and counselling available remotely: legal assistance, psychological counselling (including psychooncologist and children’s pscyhologist), integration assistance, vocational counselling
- educational assitance of intercultural mentors for children 692-913-993,
- Open House Initiative (Inicjatywa Dom Otwarty), https://www.facebook.com/InicjatywaDomOtwarty/, firstname.lastname@example.org
- assistance with official matters (filling out applications, claim forms etc.), help wth translation of official correspondence (PL, EN, RU)
- emergency material help (food, medicine)
- Association for Legal Intervention (Stowarzyszenie Interwencji Prawnej), https://interwencjaprawna.pl/, + 48 792 568 561
- advisory services and counselling available remotely: legal and integration assistance, translation help (PL, EN, RU, UA, FR, occasionally AR and FA)
- regularly updated legal information for foreigners regarding the epidemic situation in various languages (PL, EN, RU, UA, ES): https://interwencjaprawna.pl/ulatwienia-dla-cudzoziemcow-na-czas-epidemii-propozycje-tarczy-antykryzysowej/
- ‘Belarussian House’ Foundation (Fundacja „Białoruski Dom”), http://belaruskidom.eu, email@example.com, +48 605 140 861
- advisory services available remotely: legal assitance, general assistance, psychological counselling for Belarussians form all over Poland
Mobile Consulting Point
The Mobile Consulting Point is an initiative to support the homeless, also by delivering food parcels. The MCP bus cruises through Warsaw every day from 8.00 am to 3.00 pm, and its route goes through those points in the city, which are most often frequented by the homeless. There are eight regular stops, so the homeless know where and when to expect the bus to arrive. The bus spends 30-50 minutes at each stop. This form of assistance has been made possible thanks to the suport of Bank Żywności SOS and Fundacja Kapucyńska im. bł. Aniceta Koplińskiego. It is run under a contract with the city, with the support of the Municipal Transportation Board and the Municipal Bus Company, by the following NGOs: Stowarzyszenie Pomocy i Interwencji Społecznej, Towarzystwo Pomocy im. św. Brata Alberta Koło Warszawa-Praga, Fortior-Fundacja Dla Wielu and Mokotowskie Hospicjum Świętego Krzyża. On 30 April 2020 it was announced that the operation of the MCP line would be extended until 31 July.
08:00 - 08:30
Dw. Wschodni (Kijowska) 09
09:00 - 09:30
Metro Stadion Narodowy 03
10:00 - 10:30
Plac Zawiszy 10
11:00 - 11:30
Metro Księcia Janusza 08
12:00 - 12:30
13:00 - 13:30
Rondo "Radosława" 02
14:00 - 14:30
Park Traugutta 01
15:00 - 15:30
Support package for entrepreneurs
In Warsaw, we have 8,600 commercial premises, which are rented by entrepreneurs. These include shops, restaurants, services providers, day nurseries, and nursery schools. The City offers the following support to their tenants:
- temporary rent reduction;
- deferment of rent payment;
- rescheduling of rent payment.
Debt payments will also be deferred, and entrepreneurs will be able to pay their debts in instalments. Tenants of commercial premises who wish to take advantage of the support package in accordance with the applicable resolution of the City Council must submit an application.
We would like to stress that each decision will be made on a case-by-case basis and at the request of the tenant. Among tenants of municipal commercial premises there are also 870 non-governmental organisations, which will also be able to apply for support according to the same rules as the entrepreneurs.
The Management Board of Warsaw Metro decided to temporarily suspend payment of 80% of rent for commercial premises in the period from 1 March to 31 May 2020.
Further decisions will be made after 31 May 2020.