null Assigning a PESEL number to a person obliged to have a PESEL number under separate regulations
Step by step
- Download, complete and print the form "Application for a PESEL number".
- Remember to include:
- a document confirming your identity and citizenship,
- documents corroborating the details contained in points 3-5 of the application,
- written power of attorney, if you wish to submit the application for a PESEL number through an attorney-in-fact.
- Submit the application at the Administration & Civil Affairs Department Delegation at at any district office. You can book an appointment at the Office through the City of Warsaw's Appointment Booking System (click on the link rezerwacje.um.warszawa.pl). Remember that booking one appointment only entitles you to do one thing.
- After completing the procedure, you will receive a notification that your PESEL number has been assigned in the form indicated in your application.
- Completed and signed "Application for a PESEL number".
- Document confirming identity and citizenship.
- Document confirming details indicated in points 3-5 of the application.
- In the case of submitting the application for assigning a PESEL number through an attorney-in-fact, please also include:
- written power of attorney to submit the application for a PESEL number,
- identity card of the attorney-in-fact or a valid passport.
- There is no fee for assigning a PESEL number.
- PLN 17 – stamp duty for submitting a power of attorney (in the case when the applicant for assigning a PESEL number acts through an attorney-in-fact).
- The fee should be paid via a bank transfer to the account of the Taxpayer Service Centre 21 1030 1508 0000 0005 5000 0070 or directly at the district office cash desk.
- Exemption from stamp duty for the submission of a power of attorney – if the power of attorney is granted to a spouse, ascendant, descendant or sibling.
Where to submit and collect
Unit in charge
Time limit for reply
Without undue delay.
None – material and technical action.
- The application is submitted in writing.
- The application for assigning a PESEL number must indicate the legal basis requiring the applicant to obtain a PESEL number and the documentation confirming the details included in the application.
- If the application does not meet the requirements, the applicant is asked to complete it within 7 days and receives the instruction that failure to complete the application will result in leaving the application unprocessed.
- The applicant may act through an attorney-in-fact holding a power of attorney granted in the form referred to in Article 33 (2) of the Act of 14 June 1960 - Code of Administrative Procedure, after the attorney presents his/her identity card or a valid passport for inspection.