null ISSUE OF A FULL, ABRIDGED COPY OF THE CIVIL STATUS RECORD OR CERTIFICATES
- VIA THE INTERNET
- If you have an electronic signature or a trusted profile, you can apply electronically via the Electronic Platform for Public Administration Services (ePUAP) - epuap.gov.pl.
An electronic copy of a civil status record can only be used in the information systems of the institutions to which it is transmitted. A printout of such a copy is not an authentic document.
In the case of certificates drawn up abroad, a copy of the civil status record will be issued provided that it has been previously transferred to the State Registers System in Poland.
- AT THE OFFICE
- Download, print, fill in the relevant application form (downloadable below). Applications are also available at the office.
- Go to any office of the USC in the territory of the City of Warsaw.
- Submit your application and pay the stamp duty on-site. You can pay the stamp duty in advance via bank transfer to the bank account of the City of Warsaw (bring the original stamp duty payment confirmation with you).
- You can submit an application for a copy of the civil status certificate at any registry office in Poland.
- Remember to bring your identity document.
- Application for an abridged / full copy of a birth, marriage or death certificate.
- Proof of stamp duty payment.
- For inspection: the applicant's identity document.
- PLN 22 - stamp duty for an abridged copy,
- PLN 33 - stamp duty for a full copy,
- 24 PLN - stamp duty for a certificate on data included or not included in the civil status register concerning a designated person,
- 24 PLN - stamp duty for a certificate of not having a civil status book,
- 38 PLN - stamp duty for a marital status certificate.
- 17 PLN - stamp duty for a power of attorney to issue a copy of a civil status certificate.
Payment of stamp duty can be made via bank transfer or remittance to a bank account or at any of the office cash desks:
City of Warsaw Municipal Office
Taxpayer Service Centre
21 1030 1508 0000 0005 5000 0070
For abridged copies of civil status records and civil status certificates, a multilingual form may be issued, at the request of the entitled person. A fee of PLN 17 must be paid for its issue.
PLACE OF DOCUMENT SUBMISSION
- 7 working days from the application date.
- 10 working days for copies of certificates from other registry offices in the Republic of Poland.
If the head of the USC refuses to issue a document copy, they will provide you with an administrative decision - you have 14 days to appeal it to the Mazovian Governor. Take the appeal to the head of the civil registry office that issued the decision.
- A request for a civil status certificate copy can be made by a proxy. The power of attorney should be given in writing and filed with the case file. The submission of a power of attorney is subject to a stamp duty of PLN 17. The power of attorney is exempt from stamp duty if it is granted to a spouse, an ascendant: a mother, father, grandparents, great-grandparents, descendant: a child, grandson, great-grandchild or sibling.
- Copies and certificates may be obtained by the person concerned, their spouse, their ascendants: parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, descendants: children, grandchildren great-grandchildren and also siblings, legal representative, legal guardian and other persons who demonstrate a legal interest. Entities entitled to obtain a civil status certificate - the person to whom the certificate relates (Art. 49 item 3 of the Civil Records Law).
- Complete and abridged copies of civil status records, certificates on the data entered or not entered in the civil status register concerning a designated person, certificates on civil status and other certificates concerning the official confirmation of specific facts are issued from the civil status register.
- There is a legal interest when the production of a copy of a civil status record or a certificate is essential for resolving a case in judicial or administrative proceedings, which must be documented, for example, by a request from a court or an administrative authority to produce this document.
- A copy of a deed, a certificate of the data entered or not entered in the civil status register relating to a designated person and a certificate of civil status may be obtained in the form of an electronic document.