null Temporary residence registration of foreigners and citizens of European Union Member States and their family members
Step by step
Settle your case via the Moja Warszawa municipal e-services portal using your trusted profile. This is also where you will find services carried out by ePUAP.
If you want to submit a form via ePUAP, you need a trusted profile (eGo). It enables you to confirm your identity. The idea is that nobody can unlawfully use your name. Find out how to set up a trusted profile.
REGISTER (active button redirecting to the ePUAP login page).
Foreigners who are not citizens of an EU, EFTA or Swiss Confederation country and their family members can apply for registration via ePUAP, however they still need to go to the office in order to submit a document confirming the right of residence and indicating the period for which the foreigner is allowed to legally stay in the Republic of Poland.
- AT THE OFFICE
- Download, print and complete the form: "Temporary residence application”.
- Remember to include:
- an identity document (described in the required documents under points 2-4).
- a document confirming the legal title to the premises for inspection (original).
- Go to the Administration & Civil Affairs Department Delegation in any district of Warsaw and register for temporary residence. You can book an appointment at the office through the City of Warsaw's Appointment Booking System (click on the link rezerwacje.um.warszawa.pl). Remember that booking one appointment only entitles you to do one thing.
- You will receive a certificate of temporary residence upon request.
- Completed and signed form "Temporary Residence application" (a separate one for each person registering, including a child) – containing confirmation of the person's residence made by the owner or other entity holding a legal title to the premises in the form of a legible signature with the date of its submission.
- The foreigner shall present a visa, and if the foreigner’s entry to the country was based on an agreement providing for the waiver or limitation of the requirement to hold a visa or the foreigner is staying in the Republic of Poland pursuant to Article 108(1)(2) or Article 206(1)(2) of the Act of 12 December 2013 on foreigners (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 35, consolidated text) or on the basis of a stamp affixed in the travel document which confirms the submission of an application for a residence permit for a long-term resident of the European Union – a travel document, a temporary certificate of identity of the foreigner, a residence card, the permit for tolerated stay or the temporary residence permit, a permanent residence permit, a residence permit for a long-term resident of the European Union or a decision on granting refugee status in the Republic of Poland, on granting subsidiary protection in the Republic of Poland, a residence permit for humanitarian reasons or a permit for tolerated stay.
- A foreigner who is a citizen of a European Union Member State, a citizen of a Member State of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) – a Party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or a citizen of the Swiss Confederation presents a valid travel document or other document confirming their identity and citizenship as well as a valid document confirming the right of permanent residence or a certificate of registration of residence of a European Union citizen or, in the lack of a certificate, a statement of residence registration in the Republic of Poland.
- A family member of a citizen being a European Union member state national, a citizen of a member state of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) – a party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or a citizen of the Swiss Confederation who is not a national of the above-mentioned states, presents a valid travel document and a valid permanent residence card of a European Union citizen's family member or a valid residence card of a European Union citizen's family member.
- A document confirming the legal title to the premises, i.e. one of the following: a civil-law agreement, an extract from the land and mortgage register, an administrative decision, a court ruling or other document confirming the legal title to the premises (in the original for inspection).
- In the case of registration by an attorney-in-fact, please also include:
- a written power of attorney to register residence,
- ID card or a valid passport of the attorney-in-fact.
- There is no fee for residence registration.
- PLN 17 – stamp duty for issuing the certificate.
- The fee should be paid via a bank transfer to the account of the Taxpayer Service Centre 21 1030 1508 0000 0005 5000 0070 or directly at the district office cash desk.
Where to submit and collect
- "Moja Warszawa" municipal e-services portal
- Administration & Civil Affairs Department Delegation at the district office
Unit in charge
Time limit for reply
As soon as possible.
None – material and technical action.
- In the case of a change of the place of temporary residence, it is not required to de-register from the previous place of temporary residence. This may be done while reporting the new temporary place of residence.
- The obligation to register for a person who does not have a full legal capacity to act is performed by their statutory representative or other person who has actual custody over them in the place of their joint residence.
- A foreigner who is a citizen of a European Union Member State, a citizen of a member state of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) – a party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or a citizen of the Swiss Confederation, as well as a family member of such a foreigner residing in the Republic of Poland, is obligated to register in the place of permanent residence no later than on the 30th day after the arrival in that place.
- A foreigner who is not a citizen of the states listed in point 3 nor a family member of a citizen of those states staying in the Republic of Poland shall be obligated to register in the place of permanent residence no later than on the 4th day counting from the day of arrival in that place, unless their stay in the Republic of Poland does not exceed 30 days.
- The temporary residence at the specified address declared by the foreigner specified in point 4 may not exceed the period during which the foreigner may legally reside in the Republic of Poland, in accordance with the document confirming their right of residence.
- Registration at the place of temporary residence may be effected through an attorney-in-fact holding a power of attorney granted in the form referred to in Article 33 (2) of the Act of 14 June 1960 – Code of Administrative Procedure, after the attorney presents his/her identity card or a passport.
- A person reporting temporary residence may receive a registration certificate at their request. The certificate is valid until the place of registration is changed, but not longer than until the expiry of the registration.
- The Act of 14 June 1960 – the Code of Administrative Procedure
- The Act of 24 September 2010 on population registration
- The Act of 16 November 2006 on stamp duty
- Regulation of the Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration of 13 December 2017 on the determination of templates and the manner of filling in forms used in the fulfilment of the registration obligation (as amended).