null Deregistration of a vehicle due to its export from the country for vehicles registered abroad or exported abroad
- Download, print and fill in the application form and the consent1. Application forms are also available at our office.
- Enclose the required supporting documents.
- Remember to take your identity document with you.
- Go to the appropriate district office where the vehicle is registered, submit your application together with the supporting documents, and pay the applicable fee.
- You can book an appointment at the office via the City of Warsaw's appointment booking system (click on the link rezerwacje.um.warszawa.pl). Remember that booking one appointment only entitles you to one thing – for example deregistering one vehicle.
- If the vehicle is co-owned, we require the presence of all co-owners or you must have power of attorney granted by them (authorisation template).
- The employee will confirm in the system of your permanent or temporary residence. If you do not have a residency registration, you must provide another document that we will verify during our service. Each such case will be considered on an individual basis.
- You will be issued a decision on vehicle deregistration.
- Inform the insurer of the vehicle’s deregistration.
1 If you consent to the processing of contact details.
The required documents
- The vehicle owner’s application to deregister a vehicle.
- Consent to the processing of personal data.
- Document confirming the vehicle’s sale abroad, a suitable declaration or a copy of the document confirming the vehicle’s registration abroad.
- A document confirming a power of attorney, if an attorney has been appointed in the case (template power of attorney).
- If a natural person is the vehicle owner, an identity document is required, i.e. an identity card or another document with a photograph confirming identity (available for inspection).
- If a legal person is the vehicle owner, a current extract from the National Court Register is required (available for inspection). Only persons who are authorised to represent the legal person may arrange matters related to vehicle deregistration.
If the vehicle owners are foreigners staying in the Republic of Poland, foreign companies or cultural centres, foundations or press correspondents, they must submit:
- A foreigner’s identity document, a passport, and one of the following documents, together with a certificate confirming temporary residence:
- A Schengen visa or a national visa,
- A residence card issued in relation to granting a temporary residence permit,
- A residence certificate issued to an EU national,
- A family-member residence card issued to an EU national,
- A document confirming EU-national’s permanent residence right,
- A permanent residence card issued to an EU-national’s family member,
- A residence card issued in relation to granting a permanent residence permit, an EU long-term resident card, granting refugee status, granting subsidiary protection or a tolerated stay permit.
- A certificate of registration with the Registry of Representative Offices of Foreign Enterprises issued by the Minister of Economy, or a current extract from the National Court Register for a branch of a foreign enterprise (available for inspection) for foreign companies. For cultural centres, foundations, press correspondents – international contracts, certificates issued by embassies, accreditations (available for inspection).
- PLN 10 – stamp duty for issuing the decision.
- PLN 17 – stamp duty for filing a power of attorney.
- Stamp duty may be paid at any district office cask desk, via bank transfer or postal order to the bank account of the City of Warsaw, Taxpayer Service Centre 21 1030 1508 0000 0005 5000 0070.
- The stamp duty for filing a power of attorney does not refer to powers of attorney provided to spouses, descendants, ascendants or siblings.
Where to submit and collect documents
The responsible authority applicable to the place of vehicle’s last registration.
The responsible entity
Administration & Civil Affairs Department (for vehicles registered in Warsaw).
Reply waiting times
- Immediate reply – in cases which do not require collecting evidence, information, or clarifications
- Up to one month – in cases which require an investigation procedure
- Up to two months – in cases with a high degree of complexity
You may appeal against the decision with the Local-Government Appeals Court within 14 days of receiving the decision via the issuing body.
- The vehicle is subject to deregistration by the responsible authority applicable to the place of the last vehicle registration.
- In the event that the applicant's (owner's) details are not consistent with the details on the registration certificate, the vehicle deregistration application must be accompanied by documents confirming the transfer of ownership of the vehicle.
- Documents prepared in a foreign language must be enclosed to the deregistration application, together with their translation into Polish by a sworn translator or a competent consul.
- Authorities responsible for vehicle registration are obliged to verify that the motor vehicle keepers have fulfilled the requirement of taking out a third-party liability insurance policy (failure to present a valid third-party liability policy does not mean that your application will be rejected, but the Insurance Guarantee Fund will be notified that the document has not been submitted).
The above information is general, and arises from the applicable legal regulations.
In individual cases, you might be required to provide additional documents or clarifications.
- The Act of 14 June 1960 Code of Administrative Procedure
- The Road Traffic Law of 20 June 1997
- The Act of 16 November 2006 on Stamp Duty
- The Act of 22 May 2003 on obligatory insurance, the Insurance Guarantee Fund, and the Polish Motor Insurers’ Bureau
- The Regulation of the Minister of Infrastructure of August 31, 2022 on vehicle registration and marking, requirements for registration plates and templates of other documents related to vehicle registration
- The Regulation of the Minister of Infrastructure of August 31, 2022 on detailed actions of the authorities in matters related to the admission of the vehicle to traffic and model documents in these matters
- The Regulation of the Minister of Infrastructure of 4 August 2022 on the amount of fees for the issuance of a registration certificate, temporary permit and legalized registration plates (plates) and their duplicates
- The Act of 24 September 2010 on population records